This is a list of essential tools, libraries, and services from my own experiences that are required for every developer need to write reactjs apps. Whether your building simple apps or complex web, mobile or desktop application, these tools should make your life easier and will also increase productivity
- visual Studio code : this is easy to write and debug your app code.
- Node.JS : Latest node.js version required to develop reactjs apps.
- npm : npm is a package manager for node.js apps. it also provides CLI to manage packages easily.
- create-react-app : is used to create new React apps with no build configuration.
- TSLint : TSLint is an extensible static analysis tool that checks TypeScript code for readability, maintainability, and functionality errors .
- React Developer Tool for chrome: This is react debugging chrome devtool extension to debug and watch react component hierarchy in dom
- fiddler : Fiddler captures HTTP and HTTPS traffic and logs it for the user to review
- DependencyWalker.com : This is a very useful tool to debug and identify whether dependency DLLs are loaded or not. This tool is very useful to debug when your app depends on native APIs or c++ add-ons.
To test your app code , you can use one of the following Testing Tools.
- React Testing Library: is a lightweight testing library for react components. it’s written on top of
- create-react-app : Create React apps with no build configuration. when you create your react app with create-react-app , you don’t need to configure any other tools to build your apps. it provides an infrastructure for building, transforming, and live updating modules as well.
- Azure App Service Extension for VS Code: The Azure App Service extension is used to create, manage, and deploy Windows / Linux Web Apps on the Azure PaaS.
- FileZilla : This is an open source FTP tool and commonly used for deployment
- openSSL.org : you can use this tool to create a self-signed certificate for the express web server. for windows you can download here https://code.google.com/archive/p/openssl-for-windows/downloads